Monday, December 13, 2010

Seussical Birthday

I can now see why parents get party planners for their children's birthday parties. I had a lot of fun planning Katelyn's first birthday party and learned a lot for the next one. One lesson I can't seem to make stick is not to procrastinate; however, the party was a ton of fun.

The invitation:

My mom had written a poem for a baby shower that my sister threw, so we took that poem and adjusted it to fit. I am so glad my mom can write rhyming poetry because I am not so good at it.

The Decor:

This is the adult/baby table.

My Aunt Livi has quite the collection of Seuss stuffed animals. They came in handy.

This is where you can totally tell how lame I am. We haven't decorated our tree yet, but it worked for the party decor! I knew I was waiting for something.

The Attire:

My cousin, Brianne and I made her the tutu skirt. I cut and she tied.

"Hats off to the Birthday Girl"

Next time I try an iron on, I think I will measure where it hits the baby. There was a little too much room on top.

The Guests:

Here's where all the cousins sat. It was the One Fish Two Fish table. They had fish plates and a fish bowl in the middle of the table. Israel made his yummy lasagna, which Katelyn got to try for the first time. Yum!

The Presents:

The Cake:

This was my first real attempt at cake decorating. It's so not perfect, and I ran out of time, patience, and hand muscles towards the top, but I was okay with the end result.

Katelyn clapped when everyone sang and we blew the candle out.

Here's a progression of the cake experience. I only made the cutest ones big.

She was one messy girl!

The favors:

I did different bags for different age groups.

The Family:

Israel was such a big help at getting everything ready.

3 comments:

  1. Ah! Cute pictures and ideas! You are so creative (I don't care what you say). Love you much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are awesome Sarah!! You do realize that you did it up really good and it is only her first birthday...better start thinking up what to do next year now!!

    ReplyDelete