Sunday, August 23, 2009

Back to School

I was going to be so consistent with blogging every Sunday. School prep began and out goes the blog. I've been spending countless hours at school organizing and setting up my classroom for my new bunch of kids. Israel even joined in on the fun on Friday until 9:30. Only four of my new students showed up at Meet the Teacher, but I'm optimistic about the new year. I'm also very grateful that I'm at the same school, in the same classroom, and teaching the same grade and subject area. I'm going to try to focus on the positives this year and not get so frustrated with the imperfect school system. I really will miss teaching when I stay home with our baby. On the other hand I'm excited to be a mother and full time homemaker. Maybe I'll make dinner more than once a week. I was released as Activity Days assistant and called to be Activity Committee chair. I guess that's what I get for not going to any activity the last year we've been in this ward. I'm excited for the challenge though. I have really seen how activities can be a help in activation efforts and missionary work. That's all that's been going on the last two weeks, so maybe it's okay I missed last week's blog entry. :)

2 comments:

  1. Best of luck this school year. Activities Committee Chair? You'll be perfect! We are on the committee in our ward and the chair person doesn't delegate and does everything herself. Take advantage of your committee, it will save you some stress. (Maybe she feels guilty using us because Lance and I both have 2 other callings, but that shouldn't matter.) Everyone needs opportunities to grow right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the advice. I'll need help following through on my crazy ideas.

    ReplyDelete