Sunday, August 9, 2009

Emotional Rollercoaster


This picture really changes the story; it makes me look like I had something to do with the crib assembly. Israel did all the work completely by himself until he needed me to hold the grid in place.



Princess Carmen and Prince AJ in the story section of the museum.


Carmen playing in the sand. Cade just liked to eat it.

The art table.


The chalkboard car. The kids had a blast drawing all over this clunker and to think they could have turned it in for some government cash.


AJ digging for dinosaur bones.


Carmen and Cade. This is the are were they spent most of their time.

This week I've experienced the "emotional" side of being pregnant. So far I thought I had been pretty level-headed, but this week I've cried at the silliest things. Among the funniest is when Israel and I went out to Sweet Tomato. They have really good apple crisp, so I justified trying a little even though I'm sure it's loaded with fat. When I tasted it, I started crying because it tasted so good. I guess that's what two weeks of having 110 fat grams in total will do to you. Israel got a good laugh out of it.
Part of being emotional might have to do with the fact that I'm in pain and still can't eat "real" food besides apple crisp. I worked in my classroom on Thursday. Last year I moved and shifted all the tables by myself. Taking extra precaution due to my pregnant condition, I took Abby along this year to help. The classroom looked like a storage unit when we got there with all the furniture up against one wall, stacked on top of each other. We tackled the biggest table first and that was the end for me. By the time I left school, I was waddling or walking with a limp because I strained my lower back. When I got up twice that night I thought I was going to die as I hobbled to the restroom. Anyways... still feeling some of the pain, but it's getting better as long as I don't sit in a chair too long. Luckily, my mom saved the day when she came over to help move the rest of the furniture. Thanks She-Ra, I mean mom. Israel has also had his share of pain. Besides putting up with me, he's had a major ear infection.

We also purchased a crib this weekend, and Israel spent all Saturday putting it together. I went shopping with my mom and Abby for bridesmaid dresses. I swear Abby and I were just in the dressing rooms trying on dresses. Oh wait, we were a year ago for my wedding. The group shots at the wedding will be comical because so many of us just had a baby or are pregnant. Then I convinced them to stay at my house and play games. My dad also came up, and we ordered Chuy's to go. It was a lot of fun!

Abby and I took Matt's kids to the Woodlands Children Museum. It's not as neat as Utah's Children Museum, but worth the cost of admission.

3 comments:

  1. I love the color of the crib! Where did you get it? Sorry that you aren't feeling great...I really wish that I could be of more help to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm feeling much better now. Plus, I'm sure you have your hands full. I keep thinking I should call you to see if I can help you finish moving in/settling in, but you probably have it all done. I only have two days left of summer, so if there's something I can do, call me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh do I remember the emotional roller coster all to well! I remember reading books to my class that weren't particularly sad and crying. The kids were so confused. It passed though. Good luck with your new school year.

    ReplyDelete