Friday, October 8, 2010

Once again, it's been a long time since I updated. I originally planned on blogging once a week, but I'm not even making it once a month. I have to admit it's not a lack of time on the computer; the digital scrapbooking usually wins over the blogging. I thought I would merge the two and post my pages. I can't figure out how to paste in Blogger, so I'm just going to give a quick summary and those of you who are really interested you can get your magnifying glass out. I do have some pictures I haven't scrapbooked yet. Here it goes!

Every Monday we attempt to go to Lapsit at the library--we make it about every other week. They read stories and sing songs and then have playgroup. Katelyn absolutely loves singing and jumps up and down through most of the songs. She's getting more into the toys and the other babies every time we go.

Katelyn loves pulling out books from the bookcases. So did I as a baby and you can see a picture of me doing the same thing on the right side of the page. Cade, her three old cousin, actually removed all the books from the bottom shelf in the study, so she wouldn't ruin them.
Credits: LissaEDesignz-Picnic in the Park, Sarah DuVall--Picnic in the Park, Just So Scrappy--Backyard BBQ

We went to a Houston Symphony show at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion.

Credits: Just So Scrappy--Classsic Beauty and Strollin' Through the Park

We invited ten adults and ten kids over for BYU's opening game. It was a madhouse, but a lot of fun. BYU actually won this game. Other weekends have not been so much fun. Come on Cougs!
Credits: Just So Scrappy-Are You Ready for Some Football?

Credits: Shabby Princess--In the Groove Album (I didn't design this page; it was a quick page--just drop your pictures.)

My mom and dad are officially living in Switzerland. My dad went over earlier in the summer, but my mom didn't leave until Labor Day. My brother, Matt went into Army Basic Training right around the same time. We had the Wallaces over for dessert to wish them well.


Katelyn is pulling up on everything. She loves to walk along the furniture and can even stand for a tiny bit by herself. She cracks me up when she walks holding onto our hands. She either does this running walk or walks like a T-rex. She also has big girl jammies--2 piece jammies. She's outgrown most of her one piece/footsie jammies. I just can't get over how grown up she looks. In fact I can't even buy jammies in the baby, baby section anymore. I have to go to the 12 month-2T section. Her Aunt Falicia bought her these jammies though. Cutest thing ever. We just adore her.


We've seen a lot of Cade lately. He comes over and plays while his mom is working since Matt is in basic training. Most of the time Katelyn and he play very well together. In fact, Katelyn grins when Cade comes over and makes a ka ka sound, which I have interpreted to mean Cade.

I had a repair man here one afternoon. I guess that was entertaining enough for Cade--he fell asleep in the window sill. The other picture just captures Cade. He put the Jumpin' Grasshoppers in a pine tree in the "Cabin" decorated room.


The other kids are here periodically too. One Monday night, Falicia had to work, so we had Family Home Evening. We made chocolate covered marshmallows coated in graham cracker crumbs and had a lesson on the Good Samaritan. I had made picture cards for my Sunbeam lesson, so it was a great way to try them out. Yes, my new calling is Sunbeams teacher. I have five little kiddos and they are so cute and well behaved!

Katelyn went to her 9 month check-up. A few days later, she was back in the doctor's office with a stomach bug.

Credits: Plum Dumpling Designs--bandb quick page from her Black and Blue kit. Once again, just added the picture and journaling.

I guess I have a thing for jammies lately. Happy early Halloween!

Credits: Scrapping Sisters-Boo kit

My cousin Brianne and I took the kids to Meyer Park for a leaf hunt. It was so cute to watch them gather the leaves. They really got into it.

Credits: LR Autumn Blessings; DJFS--Autumn Blessings; SNP--Autumn Blessings; SM_K--So Blessed

We celebrated Cade's third birthday.

Credits: Paper Planes Designs--Birthday Fun

I maybe should have broken this up into smaller posts, but if you made it through, way to go!

4 comments:

  1. Cute stuff. Cute kids. Cute pages. Cute blog. Love your stinkin' guts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm surprised I could view your blog! You are such an awesome mommy. I enjoyed reading about the leaf hunt. (We just did that in pre-k.) Glad you have Sunbeams- 4 y.o.'s are the best! Your pages and pictures are adorable-I love your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since when did mom start saying "stinkin'"? haha love it! Your pages are so cute! Love the update... you should in fact do it more often. :) Love you much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tell the Relief Society people that we need a digital scrapbooking class for us 'less-young' ladies!!!!!! Your pages are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete