Friday, April 16, 2010

Bluebonnets

Israel has been off of work the last two weeks. He took the rest of his paternity leave, and we scheduled my gall bladder surgery at the beginning of the two weeks. I've been recovering, and he's been playing Super Dad and Husband. He's amazing, but I could write a whole post about that.



Today we decided to go check out the bluebonnets in the Hill Country of Texas. After a few wrong turns we ended up in Independence, Texas. We had a picnic lunch in the car while I fed Katelyn. There's a great park with historic buildings, old wooden fences, rolling hills, a tire swing, the coolest oak trees, and of course your Texas wildflowers. A photographer couldn't ask for more. We took a ton of pictures and really did try to narrow it down for our blog. It may not appear that way though! :)






Letting Katelyn feel the flowers.


She had real dirt on her feet after this.


My mom came along to see the beautiful flowers and to help take pictures. It was great having her with us.






The Kiss Attack!









I love the sky in this picture.


Katelyn is still loving her fingers and has recently found just her thumb. When she finds her thumb she makes quite the racket.



One of my favorite!






























These are remains of the original Baylor College for Women.

4 comments:

  1. How fun! I can't believe how big she is getting and how long her hair is. What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there cute girl! Those are some loving pictures of the family being out in nature and such! So I guess some things never change because as I am looking at your pictures, I am coveting your black shoes! They are darling!!! Why must you have such cute footwear? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sommer, those are the shoes you picked out. Yup, still wearing them three years later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shannon, I agree time goes by fast. After having the wind blow her bangs in her eyes all day, it's either time for a trim or to start pulling it back. The headband trick is not working anymore.

    ReplyDelete