Friday, May 14, 2010

I'm Leaving On a Jet Plane

My sister flew me out to Tennessee to do a writing camp with her girls. Katelyn and left on Tuesday, May 4 and flew back on Wednesday, May 12. I was very anxious about traveling by myself with a baby for the first time. Of course, I thought of everything that could go wrong. Surprisingly, our travel days went very smoothly for the most part.

We flew to Dallas first and had a three hour lay over. However, three hours doesn't seem that long when you have to eat lunch, feed the baby, change a diaper, walk to the new gate in a different terminal, and make phone calls on the pay phone because you left your cell phone at home (the one thing that did go wrong). Then we flew to Chattanooga. Russ and Becca picked us up and we drove the hour and a half to Knoxville. Katelyn was fantastic. She slept on both the planes, and luckily we ended up with an open seat next to us both times.
Her "Oh my goodness, I'm going on a plane" look!

I had to put the cloth over the latch because before she fell asleep she kept playing with it and I was afraid she'd pinch herself.

On the way home, we again were blessed with open seats on both planes. We flew to Chicago and then to Houston.

Katelyn has gone through several stages where she wants nothing to do with pacifier. Gratefully, she enjoyed her Binky's on the plane rides.



Katelyn loves her crinkle books.

No comments:

Post a Comment