Monday, February 1, 2010

Family Dinner

I love weekends!
1. Israel is home. I, of course, love spending time with him no matter what we're doing. Work hours during the week have been a little long lately. When he's home, he is a huge help with Katelyn and around the house.
2. Israel goes grocery shopping. He brings me treats I can eat. He's very conscious and checks the fat content. Every week he buys me a cheese bread that isn't too high in fat, yum!. Some of my other favorite treats are fudge bars, pudding cups, fresh fruit, fruit bars, and baked chips. April 5 is coming up!
3. We get to go to church together. Yesterday's meetings were very uplifting.
4. We went to my cousin's husband's birthday party.
5. We had my family come up for dinner last night.

Cade loves to play with my ABC magnets when he comes over. I guess there are some advantages of having a room full of my old classroom.

Carmen is always so helpful. She's wiping off the kids' table. I love that we have so much family close that we have to do two tables. After dinner we worked on her "Pony of the Week" poster. It was adorable!


My mom, as usual, was a huge help. She hand washed all of the china. It's sad that Israel and I have only used our china about five times. It's always a nice touch to dinner.



Israel and Kate playing Dominoes. Israel was the hit of the night with his hand squeezed limeade and avocado salad. We also had roast, potatoes, carrots, and corn. Brownies came after the games.

When Matt walked in Israel made a comment like "Have we met? Sarah didn't tell me about another little brother." I like it Matt. It's a good look for you. It looks like AJ might want to play another game of Clue instead of watching the "big boys" play Dominoes.

The Dominoes game. Mike's hands are the only piece of evidence that he came to dinner too.

2 comments:

  1. I want to be down there so badly! :( We never take pics when we get together! Pictures always make it look so much more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! That's why I take them. You also tend to forget most of the negatives if any happened during the event. By the way, this night was all positive!

    ReplyDelete