Friday, February 26, 2010

Random February Happenings



Next week my mom will have all of her granddaughters in town. She's bringing Rachel's four girls back with her from Tennessee. She sent me to look for dresses to get a cute picture taken. I wanted to show Rachel and my mom the dresses, so that night I took a picture of them. I think we need one more solid pink dress and one more white cardigan. Carmen, AJ, and Matt had come up after school to play RISK and eat dinner. AJ and Matt were good sports to help display the dresses. Katelyn likes playing dress up and was all smiles.
It's been fun having Matt so close. Yesterday, he came up here and we met my dad for lunch. We went to Sweet Tomatoes, which was funny because Israel was working in The Woodlands on Wednesday so we met for lunch. We also went to Sweet Tomatoes. I love their strawberry lemonade. Katelyn slept through both lunches. I'm thinking about investing in a track of restaurant chatter to play at midnight.

Katelyn has started holding rattles. She shakes them pretty well, but hits her head quite a bit-- still working on the hand coordination.

I actually took these pictures while Israel was at church. I kept Katelyn home because she'd been sick all week. I took her to the doctor on Thursday. She had started coughing a little and had a running nose on the previous Saturday. The cough got worse and she started wheezing Wednesday night. She never ran a fever the whole time. The doctor predicted RSV just from listening to her cough. She ordered a chest x-ray. The contraption they use for baby chest x-rays looks like something from a torture chamber. It's this long tube they enclose them in while they sit on something that looks like a bike seat. You have to hold their arms up. Understandably, Katelyn screamed through the whole ordeal. Thankfully, it came back clear, but Friday I got a call saying the RSV culture came back positive. This freaked me out because every time I've heard about RSV the word hospital was associated with it. We had to take her back to the doctor on Saturday for a follow-up. She was doing fine by this point and the doctor said she sounded great. It was quite the scare. It's not fun watching your little baby cough and go through all that.

During one of her naps she found her pocket. I thought it was too cute!

1 comment:

  1. Katelyn looks like yummy strawberry lemondade in that cute sleeper!! Sorry to hear about RSV, so scary when they get sick when they are SO young.

    ReplyDelete